terça-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2015
segunda-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2015
This journey is beggining
Would you care to join us?
We're waiting to ear your thoughts
sábado, 1 de agosto de 2015
The Secret of the One
"I needed to do something... I just can't risk with her losing her friend... She will need someone..."
This heals hurt my feet, but I need to keep an elegant walk. Just keep your head up.
-So Aria! - I smiled creating a diversion for my pain. - What do we own the pleasure for your visit?
-You know Mrs. Henderson, I actually wasn't supposed to be here..
Her expression was serious and she looked at her feet like she was counting the steps. Perhaps Luna did something... She have always been a lonely person, and her relations with others showed to be seriously hard to keep. She continued.
-I was supposed to go out with your daughter but she didn't came so I called her and since she didn't answer I came here. Although I highly regret it.
-Well dear... Don't mind some things she says. I know she's a hard person, she closes her self to others, but I'm really glad you're her friend.
I stop moving and she imitates me. When I face her putting my self in front of her, she looks me in the eyes. They're plane, with a common brown color. But they're big obligating you go stare them, searching for emotions.
-Look Aria. I'm going to ask this has a mother. Please don't give up this friendship. I know she seems in some how strong and confident with her sarcasm but even if she doesn't know or admit to her self, she needs a friend. She needs you.
Her eyes are wide open as mine are, like if what I said contradicted what she was feeling, and I knew it.
-Anyway... - I lift my hand of her shoulder and stand straight breathing in. - Let's eat something, shall we? - She follows my smile and the tension before marked in her face disappears.
We eat in silent, but I can see she's thinking in my words. Once in a while she makes a light smile that I return. This gives me some time to think to.
I should have a glass of wine right now. I should be looking at the sky, or hearing the rain. Thinking about my daughter... my husband... Husband. I stop a cruel laugh in my throat. He redefined that word a long time ago. Has he changed, so did we. His concern with the media, with his social life, with him self... "I just can't concern about everything, dear!"... because I became a concern to him. I became a distraction. They said that while he didn't cheated on my, I was the happiest woman on hearth. And I didn't know what they meant about happiness. I don't recognize that word. So I transformed him in a necessity to protect my secret. Because changing names and country isn't always enough. And I needed him. And he needed me.
He was also a distraction. Not to me, because I ignore him, but to her. I need to protect my daughter. I need to control her worries.
I need to protect her dreams.
quarta-feira, 29 de julho de 2015
quinta-feira, 23 de julho de 2015
I slide to the hall and let my feet take me to the kitchen. My mother watches me enter with something that looks like an hidden smile in her face that I spot from the corner of my eye, and then changes her attention back to the bowl of tea she was making. I sat on the table next to my father with my plate of pancakes.
He gasped and a wrinkle appeared between his eyebrows.
- One struggles to be distinguished and, even if succeeded, it's not even mentioned. In this days we need to be very careful Christina. If we're not constantly mentioned, our names won't stand out and we'll be forgotten. And we certainly can not afford that.
I stop myself from rolling my eyes and take another bite of pancake in order to avoid another temptation. At the corner of my eyes I see my mother slightly pressuring her cup of tea and make a forced smile.
- Then I guess that's good for us that my name was actually mencioned in a very positive way, don't you think honey? - I stoped a laugh and then I felt my face red. My father was staring at me with an harsh expression but he quickly ignored me and stared at Christina with the same forced smile it was drawn on her face.
- Of course Christina, but don't you think they just... should give the spot light to someone more... Important?
- You mean You?
- Yes. I mean me of course. I'm the founder of Hendersone Experiences Industry, and they just mencion my presence.
- Well, it sure is outrageous. At least they mencion how "fashionable" was your suit.
She din't even looked at him. just turn around and walked away. For what I could see, she had a tense although derteminate look.
I got up and washed my dishes. When I was about to leave the room, my father asserted.
- Don't ever again do Beatrice's work. (He looked calm and assertive, and his expression was concentrated).
- You made your bed and did the dishes. You continue to disobey my orders. Won't happen again.
I felt a shiver and my body got tense. Shouldn't I be the one who's supposed to apologize and say "Won't happen again"? I just imitated my mom, turned around and walked away.